Who we are?
Helpline Foundation registered as an NGO with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria in 2003 as Pure Saints Home but changed its name to Helpline Foundation in 2010. We focus on improving the lives of vulnerable people especially women, children, and youths in under-resourced communities in Nigeria.
Helpline foundation is aimed at building a Nigeria where all vulnerable children, youths, and women (especially the widows) have access to quality health care, education, and equal opportunities to realize their potentials.
Aims and Objectives
- To care and support orphans and vulnerable children in the society through various developmental initiatives
- To carry out mobilization and sensitization against child labor in collaboration with other organizations like NATIP, NACRAN, UNICEF
- To give support and encourage education through scholarships, donation of educational materials and renovation of classroom blocks for children to compete with other children in the society
- To develop independent mind in children through the introduction of technical education that will encourage multi purposes activities and prepare them for future empowerment
- To partner with other organization to improve the standard of health of orphans and vulnerable children in the country through initiatives that provides interventions in this regard
- To empower the less privileged through the provision of micro credit scheme especially for women and Youth. Economic strengthening is the key to Poverty alleviation, hence our emphasis on micro credit scheme for the less privileged as well as grants is to help them facilitate small scale business to become self-reliant.
- To provide the support needed by OVC to enable them realize their full potentials in the society
- To assist the less privileged of the society through empowerment schemes that will lift them from poverty status to the level of financial independence.